Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reflection Garden



Jewels to Meditate Upon:

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Philippians 3:12

That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Philippians 3:10-12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intimacy with God

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

The word beforehand refers to before the foundation of the world. What the apostle Paul is saying in this verse is that before we were ever born, God prepared good works for us to walk in them. God decided that we would be doing certain things.

Listen to that same verse from the Knox Translation, We are His design. God has created us in Christ Jesus, pledged to such good actions as He has prepared beforehand to be the employment of our lives. I like that.

Paraphrased, "You were designed with a unique purpose, and that is what you should be doing with your life."

In Philippians 3:12, Paul also states, Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

The phrase "I press on" literally means "I pursue." What is it that Paul states he is pursuing?

He is pursuing his purpose.

On that Damascus road, Jesus laid hold of Saul of Tarsus, and He did it for a reason. There was a purpose involved. From the day that Jesus Christ laid hold of him, Paul's life became a progressive search to lay hold of the answer to the question, "God, why have You laid hold of me? What is my purpose?"

My point? You have a God-designed purpose in life!

Paul, in Philippians 3:10-12, gives us the other principle for discovering your purpose,

That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

Paul said, "I am pursuing my purpose," but it was a purpose based on knowing God.

Look at what he said in verse 10, That I may know Him.

The understanding of his purpose came out of that primary desire and pursuit of knowing God Himself and living in intimacy with Him.

Perhaps the most important thing you could do in your life right now is to just lock yourself away, grab your Bible, and go sit at the beach. Find that place of communion with God.

As you get to know Him, you will also discover your own heart and the dreams and desires that God put within you.

They are there. They may be covered with debris, they may be covered with dust, but they are there. You can find out what they are if you will develop that intimate relationship with God.
It is in closeness with God that His breath blows the dust off undiscerned and unrecognized purposes and dreams.

Source: By Bayless Conley - From Answers For Each Day - May 2009 http://www.answersbc.org/
~~~~~~~~~~
Reflective Thought: God is speaking today - can you hear what He is saying? Our daily bread is the Word of God - we cannot live off yesterday's manna. ..... The key to hearing the voice of God is learning to saturate and immerse ourselves in the presence of God. When we come into His presence, the rest simply happens. (Ivan Roman)

One of my favourite past times is to go to the local bush, park or beach for a walk with my family - whilst they take off on more strenuous parts of the walk I like to sit on a bench, rock or low wall & meditate on a scripture or quietly pray till they return. These moments are very precious & many a time I have had the company of birds, butterflies & some occasion’s kangaroos.

Below is a link to a beautiful & enjoyable idea 'Prayer Garden' that I came across recently - It would be enjoyed especially by those who are not so fortunate to go outside & for those who would like to spend some time in prayer & reflective thought on God's word. .

I suggest you do not rush as each page has something to click on! Be patient - take each step slowly & spend reflective time in prayer & reading scriptures:

1. Click on the link below (after point 8) when page opens read welcome message & quietly prepare heart for prayer & praise then enter the 'Prayer Garden' & enjoy!

2. Click on sign on gate & read direction & if able start singing & praising!

3. Click on key & drag to lock on gate - Unlock the door with the key - gate will swing open - Click on the little Lighting-bug and follow instructions.

4. When you get to the fountain click on each stone ... pray & reflect!

5. Click on cross read message & pray then follow Lighting-bug pause & reflect & click on each stick

6. Click on the lighting bug to continue to the Table - click on each scroll reflect & pray - then return to table

7. Click on Lighting-bug to continue to 'Journal' click on Key & burning pot reflect & pray!

8. Click on journal on bench before leaving or returning to fountain Enjoy!

Link below for Prayer for the Nations - Prayer Garden:
Click Here: - Prayer Garden

If link above does not work (cut & paste this link in your browser) go direct to http://www.theprayergarden.com/flash.htm