Sunday, January 31, 2010

God's Love & Direction


Welcome - Last week whilst upgrading my computer I lost my address book - if in the past you have been on my mailing list for updates & not heard recently I apologise - if you would like to continue with updates & encouragements please contact me at email: prayer@swpwarriors.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scripture To Reflect:

"God's Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. God's love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out." 1 Cor 13:4-6 (Living Bible)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lead Me On (Author Unknown)

In her book, A Slow and Certain Light, former missionary to South America, Elizabeth Elliot, tells of a time when she was approached by two young, inexperienced adventurers. The two were loaded down with expensive equipment and a zeal for the future. However, rather than ask for advice from Mrs. Elliot, who knew the jungle well, the adventurers simply wanted to know a couple of phrases to converse with the Indians. Mrs. Elliot writes, "Sometimes we come to God as the two adventurers came to me - confident and, we think, well-informed and well-equipped. But has it occurred to us that with all our accumulation of stuff, something is missing?" What we really need on our "adventures" in life is the Guide, Himself. All our "stuff" will not get us very far through the maze of life's jungle.

Take a minute to read and meditate on Psalm 143:8-10 (NIV):

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground."

What are two areas in which you are going to need the Lord's leading in the next month? Now ask Him for direction and help in those two areas.
~~~~~~~~~~~