Saturday, March 15, 2014

WHO I AM IN CHRIST


WHO I AM IN CHRIST 

If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, this doesn't just mean that you are the same person but have just "accepted Jesus and going to Heaven". 
 
No, it means that you are a whole new creation - NOW and for all eternity. 

You are "born again" spiritually and have become a new creation in Christ (Read John 3). Even as believers for years, we often fail to see all that we are in Christ and/or just plain need some reminders. So here are some reminders straight from God's word - He tells us just who we are (whether we FEEL like it or not!) Let's all soak in these truths today and remind ourselves of them often. 

I am a Child of God!
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12)

I am not the Great 'I AM' but, I am what I am!
"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect." (1 Cor 15:10)

I am the Salt of the Earth whereby others see Jesus!
"You are the salt of the earth." (Mat 5:13)
I am the light of the World whereby others see Jesus! "You are the light of the world." (Mat 5:14)

I am a branch in Christ! I will bear much Fruit!
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)

I am Christ's Friend!
"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." (John 15:15)

I am Chosen by Christ! I will bear much Fruit!
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last." (John 15:16)

I am free from Sin! I am a slave to Righteousness!
"You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness." (Rom 6:18)

I am a Slave to God! I have Eternal Life!
"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life." (Rom 6:22)

I am a Son ( Daughter ) of God! God is MY Father!!!
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.'" (Rom 8:15)

I am an Heir of GOD and a Co-Heir with Christ!
"Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." (Rom 8:17)

I am the Temple of God! God's Spirit live in ME!

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" (1 Cor 3:16)

I am part of the Body of Christ!
"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." (1 Cor 12:27)

I am a NEW Creation - the Old has gone the New has come!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Cor 5:17)

I am Christ's Ambassador!
"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf:" (2 Cor 5:20)
I AM A SAINT! ( i.e. Forgiven Sinner ) "To all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons:" (Phil 1:1)

I am God's workmanship! I have work to do that he planned!
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Eph 2:10)
I am a Member of God's household! I BELONG! "Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household," (Eph 2:19)

I am Created to be Like God in Righteousness and Holiness!
"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." (Eph 4:22-24)

I am a Citizen of Heaven!
"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ," (Phil 3:20)

I am Hidden in GOD!
"For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God." (Col 3:3)

I will be with Christ in Glory!
"When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." (Col 3:4)

I am Chosen, Holy and Dearly LOVED!
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." (Col 3:12)

I am of the Light!
"You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness." (1 Th. 5:5)

I have a Heavenly Calling!
"Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess." (Heb 3:1)

I am Chosen, Royal, a Priest, part of a Holy Nation and belong to GOD!
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." (1 Pet 2:9)

I am an Alien to this World!
"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul." (1 Pet 2:11)

I will be like Christ when He appears!

"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." (1 John 3:2)

I am SAFE in CHRIST! Nothing happens to me that doesn't pass through Christ!
"We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him." (1 John 5:18)

I am able to do ANYTHING if it is Christ's will! I am totally dependent on Christ!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philipians 4:13)
"...Apart from me, you can do nothing." (John 15:5)

I am being changed each day to be more of who God intends for me to be!
"...He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)

Used with permission: Taken from Chris Long Laugh and Lift Daily Issue for March 25, 2010 Newsletter - (Source Vince DeMartino)
http://www.laughandlift.com



Please note you may find helpful "Prayers to pray using Scripture' in 2009 archive. Other Affirmations/scriptures to speak out can be found in my other Blogg 'Prayer Reflections"you will find link for this at top of page then go to May Archive 2007